1.6.15

Introducing the 30 Day Squat and Easy Push Up Challenge!

Hello everyone~ A few days ago I finished the minimalism challenge and because I enjoy challenges I thought I'd do one for my body. There's this great website called 30dayfitnesschallenges, where they have all these different challenges that focus on different parts of the body. I decided to go with the squat challenge and the easy push up challenge; these two challenges will give me more arm strength and will tone my legs.
I chose the easy push up challenge because my arms are very weak, like sometimes I can't open my water bottle weak. My dad has always been an active runner his whole life and he also lifts weights (he's in his mid 50's too!) and would always poke fun at my arms. Having little to no strength definitely doesn't help me at work where there are a ton of boxes filled with food that you have to carry around. I've always been a small person, being about 150cm (4'11") so everyone would always open/pick up things for me. Although I look like I'm 14 most of the time I'll be 19 in a few days, so I figured that I should be able do things on my own and not rely on someone else.
The reason I chose the squat challenge is because I'm trying to be more active and healthy. Also, it's almost summer and that means I need to look like I kind of have a beach body. I've always wanted to have more toned muscles so I thought I'd start with my legs first. I'm really excited for the squat challenge, although I am worried about not being able to walk afterwards!
Here's how to correctly squat:

So by the 30th day you have to do 250 squats! I can do about 80 right now and my legs feel like jello afterwards >.< My tip is to not do them consecutively, but to do them in reps that way you're not pushing yourself too far!
Here's how to correctly do a pushup:
Okay so here are some embarrassing pictures (to me, maybe not to you, ha!) of my arms and legs currently:


I decided to put my bathing suit on because I am kind of going for the beach body look ^^ When the challenge ends I'll make sure to have the same swim suit on for comparison!
I'll make sure to update you all in a few days!
-Jona

Question of the day: Will you be taking on the challenge?

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment