14.6.17

REVIEW: Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer

Hello, it's been a while since I last wrote a review (literally a little over a year)! Before we begin, I just want to apologize in advance it if seems like the post is all over the place and if the pictures don't look that great (I forgot how much time and effort it takes to take/edit pictures). In the next post, which will be out on Friday, I will have more information about the direction of this blog. For the meantime, enjoy this review!

The past year I've been experimenting with different moisturizers to find a brand that I really like. During the fall/winter, I was using Neutrogena Hydro Boost and it was great for my dry skin, but once spring hit and now that it's summer I needed a lighter moisturizer because my skin was getting oilier. Because I was away at school and I didn't have time to research any products I picked up Simple's Replenishing Rich Moisturizer at a CVS. It claims to work for 12 hours and that it doesn't have any harsh chemicals that will upset the skin.
Here are some different pictures of the product:
Front
Back
Side 1
Side 2
Front of the bottle
Back of the bottle
The moisturizer
I don't hate this moisturizer but I don't think I can say I love it either. This is a light moisturizer and great for the summer but my only problem is that sometimes I get a burning sensation --which is a bit problematic. Obviously, if a product burns your skin you should stop using it but it's not too often and there isn't any redness or breakouts the next day when I use it. It says there are no harsh chemicals to irritate my skin so I'm wondering if it's because I use an exfoliating brush every day. I don't want to have to change the way I wash my face because of one product so I'll keep looking for a moisturizer that won't give me the burning sensation.
Directions:
After cleansing, gently smooth onto your face and neck using upward and outward movements. Use morning and night.
Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-3 Methyl-glucose Distearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyacrylamide, Stearic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Caprylyl Glycol, Laureth-7, Allantoin, Pentylene Glycol, Bisabolol, Disodium EDTA, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Serine, Urea, Sorbitol, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol
**Simple skincare contains no animal derived ingredients
Non-comedogenic, Hypoallergenic
Pros:
It's not expensive
Comes in an easy to use bottle
No harsh chemical
No artificial dyes or perfumes
No parabens
No animal derived ingredients
You can buy in different stores and online as well
Cons:
It gave me an uncomfortable burning sensation
Would I recommend/buy again?
I wouldn't buy it again because of the burning sensation but I would recommend this to someone to try but just warn them of what happened with my experience
Rate:
/

-Jona

**Please remember that everyone's skin is different and will react differently**




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment