14.11.15

REVIEW: John Frieda Light Natural Brown Precision Foam Colour

Hi everyone! This post is a little late due to school ANNNNNND me getting a job! My marketing professor offered me a seasonal job at her turkey farm so I'm helping out during the holidays. Today I will be reviewing John Frieda's Foam Colour Precision in Light Natural Brown. I've used John Frieda's hair dye one other time and I was quite happy with the results so I thought I'd try a new color!

I've been dyeing my hair since my senior year in high school and now I'm a sophomore in college! I normally stick with foam dye because you won't get patchy spots and it's extremely easy for beginners. Over the summer I bleached my hair and dyed it purple, then in September I dyed it a dark brown for my cousin's wedding, then in October I bleached and dyed my hair purple again.
By now you would think my hair is fried but I've gotten my hair trimmed to get rid of split ends and I use treatments on my hair weekly.
This last time I bleached my hair it wasn't as even as I would've liked and you could tell some parts weren't exactly the same. I like having light hair and didn't want to go back to a dark brown so I decided since to go with a light brown. I also wanted to make sure all parts of my hair were covered evenly so that's why I chose a foam dye. Foam dyes tend to be less harsh than regular hair dyes so that's good for someone like me who dyes their hair often.
On the outside of the box it tells you all sorts of things about the dye and your hair. It shows you what color your hair may turn out like depending on the shade you have currently. It also shows you how it does cover all the hair so you don't have to worry about patches.
In the box there are three bottles that you use for you hair. The bottles labeled 1 and 2 are the developer and colourant -- you put bottle 2's contents in bottle 1 and then tilt. DO NOT SHAKE THE BOTTLE!
Next you replace bottle 1's cap with the foamer and then you begin to apply the foam to your hair. At this point follow the directions (located in the box) as to how much of the bottle you will use. This is important because people with shorter hair don't need to use as much. Make sure you use the gloves that are provided.
It says to leave the foam on for 10 minutes it's you're just doing roots but because I was doing my whole head I left it on for thirty. Friendly reminder to do as the box says but you can adjust the time based on your hair or what you're comfortable with.
After 30 minutes I washed my hair out with lukewarm water and used bottle 3, which is a conditioner to get all the tangles out. What's nice about the conditioner is that I don't have to use the whole bottle so I can use it for the rest of the week!
Here are my before and after pictures:
Before
After
As you can see my hair is still a little patchy from before but it isn't as noticeable. I'm very happy with the color and I think I'll stick with it for now.
Overall I really like using John Frieda Dyes and think they're reasonably priced. I bought mine at Christmas Tree Shop for about $10 but all of them range between $10-$12.
Here is a video I did of me applying it to my hair:

PROS:
Easy to use
Reasonable priced
Applies Evenly
CONS:
None
Rate:
♥/
Would I buy this again?
Yes!
-Jona


Question of the day: What is your favorite boxed hair dye to use?
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment