12.11.15

REVIEW: H&M Lush Lip Vinyl Plum Fairy

Hi guys! Today is just going to be a quick review since I have class and I'll be away studying for most of the day. Please excuse my lack of pictures I was in a bit of a rush to get this out since I'm trying to stick to a schedule (If I don't post on the day I'm suppose to it messes up a lot of things). Well enough of that, I'm going to be reviewing H&M's Lush Lip Vinyl in Plum Fairy.
In September I "accidentally" went on a couple of shopping sprees online and ended up buying some clothes from H&M. I've been in there stores multiple times and I always look at their makeup. I've always been a little iffy about buying makeup that isn't from Sephora or any other well known store that's specifically meant for makeup. Since I was just browsing through their app on my phone I figured I'd look at all the makeup. I was surprised at how much they had and wondered if they were good quality since they're clothes are awesome.
I decided to pick a lip gloss since of late I've been collecting a lot of lipsticks and eyeliners. Since last fall I've noticed girls wearing purple lipsticks and I thought I'd give it a try! This lipgloss was about $10, a pretty decent price, and around 0.07 fl oz.
Here are some pictures (I forgot to take some of the box but I'll take one eventually and post it on Instagram).
As you can see from the swatch I took it's pretty dark and I only went over it once. I do have a few problems with this but most of my complaints are normal when it comes to lip gloss.
Although it's dark it transfers extremely fast so it's annoying and it's sticky and a little uncomfortable. When I try to blot my lips a little so it's less sticky almost all of my lip gloss gets transferred. It does end up fading to a nice purple but by four or five hours it's completely gone. Another problem is that it dries my lips out and it doesn't have any moisturizing properties, a huge bummer in my opinion. I do love the color and it goes great with all the fall color but I'm not the biggest fan. I do use once or twice a week but it's a bit of a pain for me.
Pros:
It's a great vibrant color
It's affordable
It's good to travel with
It fades nicely
Cons:
It's extremely sticky
It doesn't last
It transfers over quickly
Rate:
♥/
Would I buy this again?
No,  but it was nice to try
-Jona


Question of the day: What was the worst product you've ever bought?

1 comment on "REVIEW: H&M Lush Lip Vinyl Plum Fairy"