2.11.15

REVIEW: Kat Von D Lip Vixen Duo

Hi everyone, now I know what you're thinking..."Wow, Jona sure is updating a little more frequently now"! Well I made a schedule and it's been keeping me more organized...Okay I've had this schedule since June but nonetheless I finally have gotten use to it! Today I will be reviewing Kat Von D's Lip Vixen Duo! I got this at Sephora back in August when I went shopping with some friends. Originally I wasn't going to buy this because I didn't really need another red lipstick but I realllllly wanted the nude lipstick so I caved in, oops!

I don't really wear the red liquid lipstick because it's really bright and it stands out a little. I normally only go out for class and occasionally spend time with my friends (I know I need to go out more) so I don't really see it appropriate at times. 
I had always wanted a nude lipstick just to see what it was like and I was a little disappointed. I don't know what I was expecting since it is a nude lipstick, but I just thought I'd feel a little more fierce with it? It's not all bad though because I figured out if I put the nude lipstick on first then top it with a light pink lipstick it can have a gradient effect, which I thought was cool!
Okay enough talk, here are the pictures!
So the liquid lipstick is in Brick Red and it states that it's long-wearing, high-impact color, and a perfect matte finish. I can say without a doubt that it's completely true! The color is extremely vibrant, and if you see in the picture above I only swiped it once and that's the color I got. It dries fast and it is matte. I don't really like matte as much just because I feel like it dries my lips more but that's my own opinion. But it seriously lasts me the whole day which is great!
The nude lipsticks is in Matte Petal Pink Nude and it's cute. In the picture above you can kind of see it (I even swiped it a couple of times) but it is a nude so I guess you can't expect too much from it. It is matte like the red lipstick but I don't think t lasts as long. It says it'll last 10 hours but I kind of doubt that. I can see it transferring over to my water bottle in class sometimes so I'd go with maybe 5 or 6 hours at least.
Overall I like these two but I'd probably buy the Brick Red lipstick by itself. For both lipsticks it was $18, not a bad price especially because they were a smaller version of the actual product. They'll probably last me a while so I'm happy with the purchase.
Pros:
Brick Red Lipstick was vibrant and long lasting
Brick Red Lipstick was matte like stated
Matte Petal Pink Nude Lipstick was a pretty color
A reasonable price
Cons:
Matte Petal Pink Nude Lipstick didn't last as long
Matte Petal Pink Nude Lipstick had to be applied multiple times to see a difference
Would I buy this again?
I would buy the Brick Red Lipstick again, not the Matte Petal Pink Nude Lipstick
Rate:
♥/
(I chose 3 because I wasn't as happy with the Nude)
-Jona


Question of the day: What is your favorite matte lipstick?
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment